Daniel Lacalle, Ph.D.
Daniel Lacalle is a Ph.D. in Economy and fund manager. He holds the CIIA financial analyst title, with a post-graduate degree in IESE and a master’s degree in economic investigation (UCV). (Wikipedia)
- Chief Economist at Tressis SV
- Fund Manager at Adriza International Opportunities.
- Member of the advisory board of the Rafael del Pino Foundation.
- Commissioner of the Community of Madrid in London.
- President of Instituto Mises Hispano.
- Professor at IE business school, IEB and UNED.
- Ranked Top 20 most influential economist in the world 2016 (Richtopia).
On January the 30th Mr. Lacalle was mentioned in the US House of Representatives by congressman Mr. Joe Wilson from South Carolina, citing his article “Do Not Forget About Cuba.”
Mr. Lacalle has presented and given keynote speeches at the most prestigious forums globally including the Federal Reserve in Houston, the Heritage Foundation in Washington, London School of Economics, Funds Society Forum in Miami, World Economic Forum, Forecast Summit in Peru, Mining Show in Dubai, Our Crowd in Jerusalem, Nordea Investor Summit in Oslo, and many others.
Mr. Lacalle has more than 24 years of experience in the energy and finance sectors, including experience in North Africa, Latin America, and the Middle East. He is currently a fund manager overseeing equities, bonds and commodities. He was voted Top 3 Generalist and Number 1 Pan-European Buyside Individual in Oil & Gas in Thomson Reuters’ Extel Survey in 2011, the leading survey among companies and financial institutions.
Author of the best-selling books:
- Life In The Financial Markets (Wiley, 2014), translated to Portuguese and Spanish.
- The Energy World Is Flat (Wiley, 2014, with Diego Parrilla), translated to Portuguese and Chinese
- Escape from the Central Bank Trap (2017, BEP), translated to Spanish.
- Freedom Or Equality (2020, PostHill Press)
In Spanish: “Nosotros los Mercados”, “La Madre de Todas las Batallas”, “Viaje a la Libertad Economica”, “Hablando se Entiende la Gente”, “La Pizarra de Daniel Lacalle”, “Acabemos con el Paro”, “La Gran Trampa” and “Libertad o Igualdad” (Deusto).
Mr. Lacalle is also a lecturer at the London School of Economics, UNED University, IEB, and IE Business School.